An interesting opportunity is available for a Quantity Surveyor with a build background to join an established main contractor based on a key site in the Guildford area.
The position being project specific will be located on a multi-storey residential scheme, where your position will require you to have day to day responsibility for all commercial activities on site, working closely with the site team and reporting back to the Senior Management team.
You will therefore be a self-starter and be able to operate with minimal management input, however this role will also provide the opportunity for further career development through support from the senior management team.
Key responsibilities will include but restricted to;
- Preparation of Interim Valuations and Final Accounts
- Contract administration of sub-contracts
- Assessment and payment of sub-contractors applications
- Final Account agreement
- Measurement of quantities both on site and from drawings, where required.
- Evaluation of variations
- Weekly direct labour & plant subcontractor payments if required.
- Working closely with the project manager and the rest of delivery team to monitor progress and its effect on margin and producing joint monthly preliminaries budgets.
- Ensuring good quality & accurate records are kept and maintained.
- Delay identification and notification
To be considered for the opportunity you should fit the following key criteria;
- Hold a minimum of an HND in a construction related qualification
- Have a proven track record operating in a within project QS or senior QS role within a build environment
- The ability to run you own projects
- Ideal have exposure to operating within different contract types
- Sound IT skills
- Full UK driving licence
As mentioned previously the role offers the chance to join a growing business with further career development opportunity’s, and strong pipeline of work through to 2022.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send me an up to date CV detailing your career history to date, and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further.
Brown and Wills Recruitment have over the years helped to successfully source key individuals for our business both effectively and efficiently. They have been able to achieve this because they have speculated time and resource in understanding what the business is about in terms of quality, culture, growth and direction and we look forward to working together in the future. They are hugely knowledgeable in their field and have become a recruitment partner of choice.
I have worked with Liz for several years in both my current and previous roles. When recruiting it is key to me that I have a contact who communicates regularly, understands the job requirements and the culture of the company. This is what I have found with working with Liz as she will find a candidate which meets all 3 criteria. Many of the candidates we have recruited through Brown and Wills have been within the business for many years, which is a testament to the quality and the good fit of the candidates we get. In addition, Liz is friendly, personable, and responsive which makes it a pleasure to work with her.
Andy Hall, Managing Director, Morgan Sindall
Make an Enquiry
If you have a question or would like to request our services, please don't hesitate to get in touch and make an enquiry. Alternatively, give us a call on 01937 547111.Find Us