A new opportunity has arisen for a Pre-Construction Manager to join a progressive construction business, on the back of growth and secured pipeline of work for 2021 and beyond.
Working for the development arm of this successful Main Contracting business, the role of Pre Construction Manager will be based from their York offices with site visits and external consultant meetings as required, working on a range of traditional build and residential schemes across Yorkshire and the Northern region.
You will be responsible for managing the full preconstruction life cycle from cost / design development stage with duties including:
- Developing relationships with and understanding the needs of the client
- Understanding and challenging technical documents relating to planning, design, construction, legal and financial elements of the bid
- Devising Bid strategy in order to maximise the opportunity to win, whilst paying regard to the cost associated with the preparation of the bid
- Assisting with the preparation of technical budgets as required
- Liaison with and appointment of external consultants required to participate in the bid, attending meetings with Professional and Design teams.
- Present and lead bid negotiations with internal staff, clients and representatives alike
- Evaluating and acting upon the tender information with the internal team
- The company requires a rounded individual who will help deliver projects through the planning, design and build phase. This role would suit a practically minded individual from a Technical, Commercial or Project Management background.
- You must be capable of handling multiple project maters in a simultaneous manner and will be a self starter, capable of problem solving.
- Experience of working as a Pre Construction Manager within the Residential Build sector would be preferable.
You will be joining the company at an exciting time where this new role within the business will allow you to bring your own ideas, putting your own stamp on the position.
In return you will be given a fair amount of autonomy within your role, a competitive salary, car allowance and benefits, with further opportunity to progress within the business, and help shape its future.
If you would like to be considered for this Pre Construction Manager position, please send an up to date CV detailing your career history to date, and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further.
Liz and Cath have provided Tolent with a first class recruitment service for our regional business over the last 15 years. They remain our first choice agency for our recruitment needs. They make the effort to understand our business and listen to our specific requirements when asked to recruit a new candidate to our team and can be relied upon to provide a short list of cv's that fit the position.
Doug Shield, Regional Director, Tolent Construction (Leeds)
Make an Enquiry
If you have a question or would like to request our services, please don't hesitate to get in touch and make an enquiry. Alternatively, give us a call on 01937 547111.Find Us