An interesting and long-term contract opportunity is available for a Design Manager to operate in a client-side position for a major public sector project, based in the Leeds area.
The initial contract will be for a minimum of year with the likelihood that it will progress to a further years contract.
The main focus of the role will be to assist the projects team with the initial brief development, concept design, and design development of project and contribute to the strategic leadership for the ongoing management and development of the design through the pre-construction phase.
Therefore, you will have experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams on technically complex construction projects and be able to direct the team in order to achieve a clear design brief.
Responsibilities will include;
- Enable the delivery of well-considered, quality design solutions.
- Plan design workloads and motivate people, to work collaboratively in delivering a coordinated and coherent design.
- Strive to eliminate health and safety risks in the design.
- Assess the suitability of the proposed design with regard to the proposed method and sequence of construction and provide advice regarding proposed changes to the design which are necessary in order to allow the planned method and sequence to be adopted.
- Make and review design changes on an ongoing basis, identifying potential issues and resolve them with the design team / relevant consultants.
- Manage risk, compliance process and procedures.
- Steer the evaluation of added value options and participation in value engineering meetings.
To be considered for this role you will fit the following criteria;
- Have a proven track record operating within a Design Management role on major projects, with active involvement from the pre-construction stage onwards.
- Have strong background with in newbuild construction environments, from either consultant, contractor, or client-side settings.
- Have experience of operated at major project level within the public sector in the areas of education, health or MOJ.
If you would be interesting in progressing your application for this exciting opportunity, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV detailing the career history to date, and I will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.
Over the past few years, Brown & Wills have supported our growth in the region by understanding our requirements and in general offering up candidates, now colleagues, that not only fit the job profile, but more importantly the culture and personality of our business unit. We look forward to continuing our relationship with Brown and Wills, as we maintain our strategic growth within the region.
Stuart Leslie, Director, ESH Construction
Make an Enquiry
If you have a question or would like to request our services, please don't hesitate to get in touch and make an enquiry. Alternatively, give us a call on 01937 547111.Find Us