An excellent opportunity is available for a Senior Site Manager to provide key leadership for a project delivery team on a new build School in the South Manchester area value c£16m, the position will be to join a Tier 1 main contracting business with strong regional bias and good pipeline of work.
The role will have primarily responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the Site Management / Supervisory team, and control sub-contractor activity across the project, working closely with an onsite PM.
Key duties / responsibilities are as follows;
- Provide leadership, direction, and support of the operational delivery team.
- Liaise and manage sub-contractors on site as required
- Report directly to the Senior Management team on daily performance, as well as being proactive on delivery issues as they arise.
- Able to deal with tough negotiations and the pressure of a fast pace environment.
- Ensuring company HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented, and adhered to at all times.
- Quality management - ensuring high standards of quality are achieved, addressing any issues with sub-contractors / trades.
- Client management / liaison.
To be considered for this role you should fit the following criteria;
- Have a proven track record operating in a Senior Site Management position within the commercial build sector, ideally on high-rise building construction.
- Strong on process management.
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC / HND level.
- Hold valid SMSTS, First Aid, CSCS certification.
- Strong IT / paperwork skills.
- Good communication skills.
If you would like to progress your application further please send an up to date CV detailing your career history to date, and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further.
I have dealt with both Liz and Cath at Brown and Wills for the past 5 years as both a candidate myself looking for a new role and to also to fulfil my own business requirements within the North for Morgan Sindall. You are able to give them a brief of the candidate you are looking for and be safe in the knowledge that they will give 100% through their connections to put you in touch with the right person. I have every confidence in them to provide me with the right CVs first time all the time. I can recommend their professionalism in the market place and they have the utmost respect within the construction industry amongst peers.
Chris Lockwood MCIOB, Regional Head of Planning (North East & Cumbria) Construction North, Morgan Sindall Plc
Make an Enquiry
If you have a question or would like to request our services, please don't hesitate to get in touch and make an enquiry. Alternatively, give us a call on 01937 547111.Find Us