An excellent opportunity is available for a Building Services Manager to join a leading Tier 1 main contractor (build) operating across their key contracts in North West, from their base in the Manchester area.
The role will be to provide a lead on the M & E elements of their key schemes covering commercial projects valued up to £30m.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to manage the M & E subcontractors through the contractor design stage to site installation and hand over, and to ensure all works are fully coordinated and delivered in accordance with the contract programme, as well as providing support and steer in relation to building services as required across the business.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the following areas;
- be qualified in a Mechanical and/or Electrical building services discipline.
- ideally have had some exposure / involvement in the pre-construction process.
- have previously delivered M & E coordination within a contractor environment.
- hold strong M & E design and technical knowledge.
- have full understanding of detailed M&E procedures, coupled with good levels of technical and professional expertise.
- ability to produce M&E design, installation and commissioning programmes, plan and prioritise daily diary, to ensure all targets are met
- be comfortable in providing a client / customer focused service to deliver the highest level of customer service, and the ability to develop further business streams as a result.
- clear understanding of renewable technologies and suitability in design
- excellent organisational, planning and time management skills, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- ability to work with senior management to set project and operational targets.
- hold strong IT skills.
- Hold a full UK driving licence
This excellent position is to join an expanding and ambitious business, which in its self will provide further opportunity's and progression in the future.
If you would like to be considered further for this opportunity, please send an up to date CV detailing your career history to date, and I will be in touch to discuss the role further.
I have worked with Cath and Liz for many years whilst Construction Director at GB Building Solutions and have continued to work with Brown & Wills now that I am with Robertson Construction. I find they have an excellent understanding of the market and the candidates in it, and have developed a good understanding of my business requirements. They have identified high quality candidates at all levels as part of our planned recruitment process and also work well in reactive and tightly scheduled recruitment situations; I believe that they will always work diligently to achieve the desired specifications and time scales and would fully recommend their services for the recruitment of both temporary and permanent staff.
Duncan Reeves, Operations Director, Robertson Construction (Yorkshire & East Midlands)
Make an Enquiry
If you have a question or would like to request our services, please don't hesitate to get in touch and make an enquiry. Alternatively, give us a call on 01937 547111.Find Us